Will Kelly Perdew Invest in Your Business? (PS014)
Meet Kelly Perdew
Kelly Perdew, a veteran entrepreneur & angel investor, loves the challenge of starting & growing businesses.
Kelly served in the Army as an Intelligence Officer and later graduated from Ranger school.
He won Donald Trump’s 2nd Season of The Apprentice.
Author of Take Command: 10 Leadership Principles I Learned in the Military and Put to Work for Donald Trump.
Serial angel investor, investing in more than 20 companies.
Father of beautiful twins. And currently, the co-founder of TargetClose.
TargetClose helps advertisers increase conversion rate of customers on their websites.
- RallyPoint: The world’s largest professional military network. Sign up for Free and start making valuable life-long connections.
Listener Question [Kyle Huston, Active-duty Marine Corps Supply Officer]
“With all kinds of competing priorities, what do you do at the end of the day to set yourself up for success for the next day?”
Note: To ask a question, just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In today’s episode, Kelly answers:
- What’s one mistake you made when first starting your business?
- What’s a challenge you’re experiencing right now as an entrepreneur?
- What’s 1 thing you are doing really well right now?
- What is the best piece of business advice you have received?
- What’s favorite part of being an entrepreneur?
- What’s the most common challenge you address when mentoring or advising startups?
- How often do you review the financials for startups?
- What company do you follow or admire most?
- How do you stay up on latest and greatest startups and veteran entrepreneurs?
- Do you still have contact or ask Donald Trump for advice?
- What do you plan on doing today to improve yourself?
- What’s the best habit you have right now?
Key Topics discussed:
- How to Contact Kelly to Raise Money and Build Your Business
- What Kelly Perdew Learned from Donald Trump
- After Working with Trump, Why Kelly Decided to PopSmoke
- 2 Types of Entrepreneurs That Exists
- 3 Phases to Every Startup
- The 3 Most Important C’s in Business
- The Mindset to Have About Risk
- Insights Into Kelly’s Key Indicators on How He Ultimately Decides Who to Invest In
- The 1 Thing Entrepreneurs Often Overlook
Apps, Articles & Veteran-owned Businesses
- Command Your Business [Scott Fussell]: A podcast where you can learn from military veteran entrepreneurs and take command of your business.
- Lettrs [Drew Bartkiewicz]: Google selected Lettrs as one of the Best Android Apps of the year.
- RideScout [Craig Cummings]: Mobile app that helps you get from point A to point B faster and smarter.
- ID.me [Blake Hall]: Allows you to create a single sign-on and verify your group status to unlock exclusive discounts, rewards and resources.
- Airbnb: Save this link to receive a $25 Airbnb credit to travel.
- Contactually: the smarter way to nurture key relationships and get more from your sales and business development process.
- Roost: Airbnb for personal storage.
- Bob Parson (Marine Corps Veteran & Founder of GoDaddy): 16 Rules for Success in Business and Life in General
- LinkedIn: Such an important and powerful weapon for Kelly. He mentions LinkedIn 3x in the episode.
- Download How to Think Like Leonardo de Vinci [Michael J. Gelb] on Audible.com for Free: Seven Steps to Genius Every Day. Call on History’s greatest genius, Leonardo da Vinci, to be your personal mentor. Read to discover a new way of thinking.
- Download Take Command: 10 Leadership Principles I Learned in the Military and Put to Work for Donald Trump [Kelly Perdew] on Audible.com for Free: Kelly’s shares essential leadership principles he put to work for Donald Trump.
- Download Mastery [Robert Greene] on Audible.com for Free: Greene lays out the steps it takes to become a master in any subject.
They can’t eat you. ~ Kelly’s grandfather — or Bob Parson’s father? 🙂