Veteran Rolls into Marijuana Industry with High Hopes (PS015)
Meet Sy Alli
Sy served 11 years in the Air Force.
He has 30 years of experience in the security industry, traveling to more than 70 countries on 6 continents, protecting numerous CEO’s of Fortune 500 companies.
He’s a speaker with an upcoming TEDx talk scheduled. He credits his speaking skills to a 14-year career in professional wrestling. During that time, he appeared in several movies, such as The Silence of the Lambs, Lorenzo’s Oil and Dead and Alive.
Right now Sy’s responsible for the security of Dixie Brands; Dixie is on a quest to become the first national marijuana brand.
This makes Sy the first corporate security director for a marijuana-based enterprise in history.
About Dixie Elixirs
Dixie Elixirs and Edibles is the future of cannabis.
- RallyPoint: RallyPoint’s the world’s largest professional military network. Sign up for free and start making valuable life-long connections.
Listener Question from Marine Corps Veteran Teyu Chou:
As a brand, how do you overcome the stigma attached to marijuana, especially for those who have never tried marijuana before?
In today’s episode, Sy answers:
- How did you get started in the Marijuana Industry?
- What’s a mistake you made since joining the Dixie Elixirs & Edibles Team
- What’s 1 challenge you’re experiencing right now at Dixie Elixirs?
- What’s 1 thing you are doing really well right now?
- What’s the best business advice you have received?
- What can customers expect when they walk into Dixie Elixir and Edibles Headquarters?
- How did you design the marijuana customer experience?
- Is your goal as you grow to have multiple locations?
- What’s your favorite marijuana elixir or edible product?
Key Topics discussed:
- Opportunities for Veteran Entrepreneurs in the Marijuana Industry
- The Biggest Investors Group Veteran Angel Investors Can Contact
- Difference Between Smoking vs. Consuming Marijuana: When you smoke a joint 50 to 60 percent of the THC gets into your blood plasma with peak concentrations in 5 to 10 minutes. But with edibles only 10 to 20 percent of the THC reaches your blood and the effects come 60 to 120 minutes later. When you smoke the high rapidly dissipates, but when you consume edibles the effects can last 6 to 10 hours. Unlike drinking, Marijuana’s more effective after you eat because there’s more food for the cannabis to stick to your stomach.
Apps and Articles
- Behind the scenes of Dixie Elixirs: Inside Dixie’s Marijuana Laboratory
- Medicine Man: Veteran Andy Williams runs Denver’s largest single Marijuana Dispensary, which proudly serves recreational and medical marijuana.
- Military Family Retreats with Project Sanctuary (PS012)
- Uber and Lyft: Sy uses Uber and Lyft to get around after a night out. Claim your free Uber ride from Matt here (Bookmark link for a future trip).
- Life on the Run [Bill Bradley]: Bradley takes readers from the court to the locker room, an inside view of a professional athlete’s life on the road.
- Download American Sniper [Chris Kyle] on Audible.com for Free: Autobiography of the most lethal sniper in U.S. military history is a memoir by United States Navy SEAL Chris Kyle.
Skate to where the puck is going, not where it has been. ~ Wayne Gretzky
Like this show? Please give it a share.