Veteran Doing it Big in 3D Printing (PS009)
Meet Jerry Castanos
My friend Jerry served in the Army as a Supply Sergeant. He’s been around the world in support of operations in Iraq, Qatar, Kuwait and Afghanistan as a government contractor.
He holds a degree in Business Administration and Management and has vast knowledge and experience in logistics.
Jerry’s on his 5th business. That’s right — 5th business for Jerry and he’s just getting started.
Currently, he’s the founder of 3D Heights in New York City.
I met Jerry at VAP, Brian McDonald’s Veteran Artist Program, in New York.
About 3D Heights
3D Heights is a 3D printing retail/e-commerce business.
- RallyPoint: Signup to connect and learn from an awesome veteran community at RallyPoint.
In this episode, Jerry answers:
- How much does rent cost in New York City — for a storefront your size?
- What’s 1 mistake you made when starting your own business?
- Transitioning out of the military and starting your own business…would you have done anything differently?
- How can veterans prepare better when transitioning out of the military?
- What’s 1 challenge you’re experiencing right now trying to grow your business?
- What’s 1 thing you attribute to your success as a veteran entrepreneur?
- What’s the best business advice you ever received?
- How much does a 3D printer cost? And what can I do with a 3D printer?
- Can I make a PopSmoke grenade to rock with 550-cord on The PopSmoke Show?
- Is there anything a 3D printer can’t copy?
- Where do you see the 3D printing industry in 3-5 years?
- The first step for a veteran entrepreneur to take if they’re interested in starting their own 3D printing business (or any business for that matter) is.
Key Topics discussed:
- Practical Applications for 3D Printing
- Why Competition is a Great Thing
- 3Doodler: The World’s First 3D Printing Pen. It’s a pen that can draw in the air!
Tweet this Quotes
People think focus means saying yes to the thing you’ve got to focus on. But that’s not what it means at all. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are. You have to pick carefully. I’m actually as proud of the things we haven’t done as the things I have done. Innovation is saying no to 1,000 things. ~ Steve Job
- Rapportive: Shows you everything about your contacts right inside Gmail.
If today’s bad, tomorrow’s going to be good.
Sunshine incubator: An entrepreneur community-based shared-office-space with two locations in Manhattan.
Like this show? Please give it a share.