Should I Trade Binary Options (PS002)
Meet Kevin Henderson
My mentor Kevin served as Submarine Officer in the Navy and as an Economics Instructor at the Naval Academy.
The Academy is where I met Kevin. He was my instructor for Economics 101 and I’ll never forget the book he recommended to me — A Random Walk Down Wall Street.
The book laid a solid financial foundation for me and I credit his recommendation to playing a huge role in me being able to start PopSmoke. (Thank you Kevin!)
Currently, Kevin’s pursuing a Master’s in Predictive Analytics at Northwestern University and is the founder of What’s Up Texas?
About What’s Up Texas?
What’s Up Texas? makes loyalty passes, coupons and event tickets for mobile wallets.
In episode 2, I ask Kevin:
- What are your thoughts about binary options?
- After transitioning out of the military, what’s one thing you weren’t expecting when starting your business?
- What’s one thing you’re doing well right now, one thing that’s making you money?
- Who’s your best mentor or role model in your life? (It’s not who’d you expect, you don’t want to miss his response.)
- The most important thing in business. Period. (Kevin’s POV)
- Why no one will steal your idea
- How to develop your own pass or ticket for passbook
- The importance of creating and understanding value
- A hint of email marketing
- Transitioning out of the military and into entrepreneurship
- Opportunity cost vs. cost of failure
- Download Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill on Audible for Free: More millionaires are said to recommend this book than any other. My DEFxAnnapolis talk on The Power of Sex Transmutation was based on Chapter 11 of this book. You could get it for a $1.
- Download Intelligent Investor by Ben Graham on Audible for Free: Ben Graham, The Dean of Wall Street, was Warren Buffet’s mentor. Buffet states this book is “the best book on investing ever written.
Don’t polish the cannonball. ~ Kevin’s captain
- Application Program Interface (API): Research estimates more than 30 billion devices will be wirelessly connected to the Internet of Things (Internet of Everything) by 2020. API’s are key to making that possible. They make Kevin money in his business.
- Github: Where developers collaborate to develop software.
Like this show? Please give it a share.