The Reef Points of Real Estate (PS020)
Meet John Reeves
John Reeves served in the Marine Corps as an Aviation Logistics Officer. He served combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.
After transitioning from the Marine Corps, John started his own business leveraging his expertise as a logistician and project manager to build a real estate development business. He specializes in helping servicemembers and veterans buy, sell, or build their own homes.
John played rugby on the US Combined Armed Services Rugby team. He holds a degree in Economics from the United States Naval Academy, coaches Pop Warner football, and hosts a radio show called Military Monday’s.
Currently, John’s the founder and CEO of Reef Point Realty.
About Reef Point Realty
Reef Point Realty helps people transition through the buying, selling or development process.
- RallyPoint: Join the largest professional military community at RallyPoint.
Listener Question by Brittany Spencer, a real estate agent out of Jacksonville, North Carolina:
How did you know when it was time to take the plunge and become a developer? Did you save up capital or did you have investors?
In today’s episode, John answers:
- What do you like best about owning your own real estate company?
- What’s the riskiest part about what you do?
- What was a mistake you made when first starting your business?
- What’s one challenge your experiencing right now trying to grow your real estate business?
- What’s one thing you’re doing really well right now, something you believe attributes to your success?
- What’s the best business advice you have received?
- How much did it cost you to get your real estate license and how long did it take you to get your license?
- Was the real estate exam hard?
- The real estate industry is competitive, what separates real estate agents from the pack?
- What made you want to own your own company? Why not just work for someone else?
- What’s a great habit you’re doing right now?
- Do you personally own any rental investment properties?
Key Topics discussed:
- Can entrepreneurship be taught?
- What to expect when getting your real estate license
- The first day John helped a client buy their home
- Flipping a home
Apps and Articles Mentioned
- Kelly Perdew: Will Kelly Perdew Invest in Your Business?
- Derek Distenfield: Your Legal Docs Made Easy with NextGenJustice
Favorite Business Weapon
- Top Producer: Timely reminders and intelligent communications let you keep in touch with impact.
Favorite Business Books
- The E-Myth-The Seven Essential Disciplines for Building a World Class Company by Michael E. Gerber: Building a successful business is more than just systems.
Share a Quote
Expect to accomplish only what you attempt. ~ Navy Football
A mistake is something you do over and over. I call them learning experiences. ~ John Reeves
Kings do not have problems, they have solutions. ~ John’s Panera Bread mentor
Dream big and believe in yourself. ~ John Reeves