At Techstars Patriot Boot Camp with Facebook’s Product Manager (PS028)
Meet Anthony Pompliano
Anthony, known as Pomp to most, is a combat veteran, entrepreneur, and growth expert.
He currently runs a number of growth initiatives at Facebook.
Previously he built multiple businesses that were acquired and played Division 1 football at Bucknell University.
In his free time, Pomp advises and invests in early-stage, hyper-growth startups.
Facebook’s mission is to create a more open and connected world.
- RallyPoint: Join military members and veterans interested in military transition. Share your knowledge and build your network.
In today’s episode, Anthony answers:
- How did you prepare for your keynote presentation at TechStars Patriot Boot Camp?
- What are the keys parts to your solid foundation?
- What was a mistake you made at Facebook?
- What’s a challenge you’re experiencing right now?
- What’s the best business advice you ever received?
- Is Facebook hiring veterans?
- Who do you learn from?
- Does your team have core values?
- What’s the most common question entrepreneurs ask you?
- What’s a great habit you have right now?
Key Topics discussed:
- What Pomp believes attributes to his success
- The hiring process at Facebook
- Macro social-trends
- Prioritizing your commitments
Apps and Articles Mentioned
- Mattermark Blog – Prospect the world’s fastest-growing companies.
Recommend Business Books
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon Lechter: The book explodes the myth that you need to earn a high income to be rich and explains the difference between working for money and having your money work for you.
- Zero to One by Peter Theil and Blake Masters: The great secret of our time is that there are still uncharted frontiers to explore and new inventions to create.
- Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz: The book goes through every entrepreneur’s experience. The good. The bad. The ugly. Great book if you’re a veteran entrepreneur, founder or co-founder.
Share a Quote
Just f*cking win.
Like this show? Please give it a share.