Put Your Beer in the Crisper (PS005)
Put your beer in the crisper.
Meet Michael Bradley
My friend Michael Bradley is a fellow Naval Academy graduate and former Submarine Officer.
Michael has also worked on a satellite program, providing him a wide-range of engineering experience.
Currently, Michael runs the Navy Nuclear Power Officer Career Conference (NUPOCC), where he has built quite a business over the past few years helping submariner officers make the transition to the private sector.
About the Nuclear Power Officer Career Conference (NUPOCC)
The Power Conference is a job fair created to help Nuclear Officers who are transitioning from the military.
- RallyPoint: RallyPoint is the world’s largest professional military network. Signup for Free and start making valuable connections.
Listener Question by Glenn Shober, Naval Submariner Officer:
What’s your process for placing people and what is marketable right now?
In episode 5, Michael answers:
- What’s 1 thing you would have done differently when transitioning out of the military?
- What’s 1 challenge your experiencing right now when trying to grow your business?
- If you were to write a book right now, what topic would you include that you believe is important for someone transitioning out of the military to understand?
- What works best for you when cold-calling and cold-emailing someone?
- What are the main benefits you get from attending a networking conference?
- What’s your best tip on how to prepare for a job conference while still active-duty military?
- What’s your favorite part about being a veteran entrepreneur?
- What type of tasks do you outsource in your business to free up more of your time?
- How does outsourcing help you get more work accomplished?
Key topics discussed:
- Hustle mindset vs. Hiatus mindset
- Opportunities for Navy Nuclear Officers
- How to delegate projects and tasks using Elance
- The benefits of using Fiverr
- Veteran Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneur/Job Conferences vs. the Transition Assistance Program (TAP)
- Veteran Artist Program (VAP), founded by Brian McDonald
- Multitasker Master: Michael says he multi-tasks. He might be a supertasker.
- Mailchimp: Michael and I use Mailchimp for our email list provider. They provide valuable analytics for your email marketing campaigns. You could try Mailchimp out here.
- Download How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie on Audible for Free. Great book on how to interact with people. Michael read it 3 times.