Navy’s Iwuji Races to Become a NASCAR Pro (PS039)
Meet Jesse Iwuji
Jesse Iwuji played college football at the United States Naval Academy and graduated with a degree in General Science. After graduating from Navy, he began pursuing his racing passion.
In 2013 he became the 5th person in the world to eclipse 200 MPH in a Generation III HEMI which landed him on Hot Rod Magazine.
In 2015 he began his NASCAR journey through the ladder system running in the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series and NASCAR K&N Pro Series.
About The Red List Group
The Red List Group is an auto racing event company who host events on the west coast bi-annually. They bring an amazing racing experience to the racers while keeping them off the streets and at the track.
- RallyPoint: Join military members and veterans interested in military transition. Share your knowledge and build your network.
In today’s episode, Jesse answers:
- How is the Navy allowing you to race while active duty?
- What is the pipeline to NASCAR?
- What separates the greats from the everyone else?
- What are some of the unwritten rules and etiquette?
- What’s the best tip you would give to a new driver?
- What’s one challenge you are facing right now?
- Can you share how sponsorship works in racing?
- How much do you get paid?
- Do you own the car?
- What do you think the future of NASCAR holds?
Veteran Company Mentioned
- Phoenix Patriot Foundation: Provides direct support to injured and combat wounded veterans who served post 9-11 enabling them to fully Recover, Reintegrate, and Remain Engaged in serving America.
- IRacing: Jesse’s simulator for racing.
- Customers For Life by Carl Sewell: Reveals the secret of getting customers to return again and again.
Share a Quote
Don’t let someone’s opinion of you become your reality. ~ Les Brown
Like this show? Please give it a share.