Helping Veterans Make a Meaningful Transition to a Fulfilling Career (PS027)
Meet Charlie Eadie
Charlie has more than 15 years of team building and management experience in the Army and in business.
He’s a West Point grad with a degree in Economics and Electrical Engineering. At West Point, Charlie graduated 2nd out of 1,011.
Charlie and I just met at TechStars Patriot Boot Camp.
Charlie’s about helping vets make a meaningful transition to a fulfilling career.
- RallyPoint: Join military members and veterans interested in military transition. Share your knowledge and build your network.
In today’s episode, Charlie answers:
- How did you find out about TechStars Patriot Boot Camp?
- How was your experience transitioning out of the military?
- What were your expectations coming to TechStars Patriot Boot Camp?
- How can a veteran discover their new passion and mission?
- How can a veteran communicate his or her value to a team or organization?
- Would you have done anything differently when you transitioned out of the military?
- What’s a challenge you’re experiencing right now?
- Who’s a mentor you follow?
- What’s a great habit you’re doing right now?
Key Topics discussed:
- TechStars Patriot Boot Camp
- Choosing the right mentor
- Being ok with failure
Apps and Articles Mentioned
- Higherpurpose: Committed to addressing some of the incredible gaps that exist in the transition from military service to civilian career success.
- Stanford Ignite: Entrepeneurship innovation program
- COMMIT Foundation: Aims to create serendipity for men and women separating from the uniformed services and entering the professional civilian world.
- Linkedin: The largest professional network.
- Connect with Matt Pagan here.
- Connect with Charlie Eadie here.
- The Tipping Point by Malcom Gladwell
Share a Quote
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. ~ Charles Swindoll
For every No you get you’re one step closer to a Yes.
Like this show? Please give it a share.