Marine Veteran and Writer Pitches Tech Content Venture, Qopy (PS030)
Meet Deniz Emre
Deniz is a lifelong writer and published author, Deniz began crafting marketing content for businesses shortly after college. Through this experience, he recognized how difficult it is for technology companies to find and hire skilled writers. His desire to create a superior solution led him to found Qopy.
He is currently completing an MBA at Babson College, the top-ranked school for entrepreneurship in the world.
He proudly served for 5-years, active duty in the U.S. Marine Corps (Infantry).
Qopy is a content marketing firm that connects technology companies with great writers who have relevant backgrounds and domain expertise.
- RallyPoint: Join The Largest Professional Military Network.
In today’s episode, Deniz answers:
- How did you come up with your startup idea?
- What do tech companies do for copy currently?
- What are the rates to hire a freelancer for a blog post?
- How do you plan to grow your business?
- What’s the best business advice you ever received?
- Can you give the listener some pitch tips?
- What made you want to write a book about transitioning out of the military?
- Do you find the information in your book still relevant to those getting out of the military today?
- How did you go about finding a publisher and promote your book?
- What’s a great habit you’re doing right now?
Key Topics discussed:
- Pitch tips when pitching your idea to investors
- LinkedIn tips and pet peeves
- The process to write your own book
- Work/Life Balance: Between family, getting an MBA and developing your idea
Apps and Articles Mentioned
- TechStars Patriot Boot Camp: Technology startup education for veterans. Next event in Detroit, Michigan. The cohort will be 50 early stage entrepreneurs (military veterans, active duty servicemembers and military spouses).
- Content Marketing Institute
- Copyblogger, founded by Brian Clark: A community of thousands of smart online marketers.
- Uvize: Create powerful mentor relationships and accelerate your organization’s talent development.
- Kelly Perdew, Winner of Donald Trump’s Apprentice 2: Will Kelly Perdew Invest in Your Business? (PS014)
- Why Veterans Struggle Transitioning to Higher Education: By veteran entrepreneur and startup-mentor Dave Cass.
Favorite Small Business Weapon
- Linkedin Premium: Get your free 1-year Premium Job Seeker account to access advanced job search tools, stand out, and contact hiring managers. Then, join the Veteran Mentor Network (VMN) Group and discuss your transition and career plans in a community of veterans.
PopSmoke is partnered with Audible. Audible offers a FREE audiobook download and 30-day Free trial. You can choose from more than 150,000 titles here.
Like this episode? Please give it a share.