Harden the F*ck Up (PS003)
Meet Rob Dyer
Marine Corps Major Rob Dyer won $150k on Shark Tank.
I met Rob at DEFxAnnapolis, an event hosted by Michael Madrid and fellow Naval Academy midshipmen.
Rob’s a decorated combat veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan and recently retired Marine Corps Aviation Officer.
He’s a fellow Naval Academy graduate who later went on to become an academy instructor. While at the academy, he taught Economics, Accounting, and Terrorist Financing.
Rob now works on RuckPack 24/7 and lives in California with his wife, Anna, and their son, Hunter.
RuckPack’s a combat focused supplement company for people who care about what they’re putting in their body.
- RallyPoint: Start connecting and learning from thousands of veterans. Join the largest professional military community.
In this episode, I ask Rob:
- How do you generate new ideas?
- What’s your team’s main method of communication?
- What’s the biggest mistake you made when starting RuckPack?
- What’s the toughest obstacle you’re facing right now in your business?
- Why did you want to handover your CEO role in the company?
- What’s 1 thing you’re doing really well right now?
- What’s your best piece of advice for branding PopSmoke?
- How much would you sell your company for?
- How does RuckPack run their meetings?
Key Topics Discussed:
- The 2 different modes you to need operate in when running your business
- RuckPack’s Veteran Distribution Program
- The first ever Veteran Shark Tank?
- Why meetings are horrible in the military and tips on how to hold better meetings
- The 6 easy steps to start making money selling RuckPack on your spare time are:
- Go to website.
- Signup for an account to verify veteran status.
- Visit store.
- Sell without selling.
- Cash checks.
- Repeat 4-6.
- Voxer: Used by Rob and his team for internal communication.
Harden the fuck up.
- Download The 4 Hour Work-week by Tim Ferris on Audible for Free: Game-changer for the way Rob started running his company.
Your idea is not your brand. ~ Rob Dyer
Get your ass out of bed. Go to work. Grind. All day. And if you can’t sleep that night, don’t sleep that night. Harden up. ~ Rob Dyer
I’m not a businessman, I’m a business, man. ~ Jay Z
A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well. ~ Jeff Bezos
How RuckPack ran their meetings prior to reading The 4 Hour Work-week:
Like this show? Please give it a share.