Create a Product and Make a Profit (PS022)
Everyone has a plan—until they get punched in the face. ~ Mike Tyson
Meet Aaron Tweedie
Aaron Tweedie graduated from an Air Force JROTC school in Virginia, and joined the Virginia Army National Guard as an infantryman.
After his service, he attended Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia where he majored in Marketing and received a degree in Business Administration. Aaron built his first house at the age of 19 and funded his higher education in real estate speculation.
Now Aaron’s building a brand with a unique product. He was recently featured on ABC’s Shark Tank Veteran’s Day special.
Man-Pack – Sling-styled EDC bag for guys with a multiple of uses including concealed carry.
- RallyPoint: Start connecting and learning from thousands of veterans. You can sign up for Free to join the largest professional military community.
Listener Question by Christina Earl (The Veterans Employment Service Office with the Veteran Affairs):
What tips do you have for finding trustworthy manufacturing facilities?
In today’s episode, Aaron answers:
- What’s your favorite part about being a veteran entrepreneur?
- What was a mistake you made when starting your first business?
- What’s a challenge you’re experiencing right now?
- What’s one thing you’re doing well?
- What’s the best business advice you received?
- Can you share with us how you prepared for Shark Tank?
- What’s one lesson you learned from your Shark Tank experience?
- Can you share with us your process on how you came up with the design for Man-Pack?
- What’s your WHY? What keeps you motivated to keep doing what you do?
- Do you have daily, monthly, or yearly goals? How do you set your goals?
- What’s your greatest fear as a veteran entrepreneur?
- What’s the best habit you’re doing now?
- What systems do you have set up in your business to help it grow and to save you time?
Key Topics discussed:
- How to build a great team when you’re first starting out
- The first and second person you should get on your team
- How to prepare for a Shark Tank appearance
- Dynamic Design
- How to face your fears
- The Mystery of Sex Transmutation and The Ten Mind Stimuli
Apps and Articles Mentioned
- Maslow’s Heiarchy of Needs
- Harden the F*ck episode by Rob Dyer, Winner on Shark Tank
- Casey Danford with Training Mask
Favorite Business Weapons
- Shipworks: Every marketplace. In one place.
- Green Inbox: Boost your funding on Kickstarter / Indiegogo.
- Magento: For high volume e-commerce.
- Magemail: The triggered email app for Magento.
- AddRoll: AdRoll Retargeting helps you reach customers intelligently across devices on Facebook, Twitter, Apple iAd, and millions of websites.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Grow Rich With Peace of Mind by Napoleon Hill
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
For it is not the critic who counts… ~ Theodore Roosevelt
If you realize you need nothing, you’re rich in everything.
If you chase two rabbits, you wind up catching none.
Like this show? Please give it a share.