Begin Building a Ballin’ Bakery Business (PS011)
Meet Jillian Lama
I met Jillian at the Defense Entrepreneur Forum Annapolis event hosted by Michael Madrid and fellow Naval Academy midshipmen.
She’s a Marine Corps spouse who has worked as a Family Readiness Assistant at Camp Lejeune, NC.
She’s a motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic entrepreneur with a love for fitness, nutrition and baking.
She holds a degree in Russian Business from Moscow State University and a degree in International Relations from the University of the Pacific.
Jillian has designed a business that allows her to pursue her passions and create a positive impact on the community.
Currently, she’s the founder of Oh Sweet Heavens Bakery.
About Oh Sweet Heavens Bakery
Deceptively nutritious desserts. Tasty food that nourishes your body instead of bringing you down. Jillian calls it, “Performance Eating.”
- RallyPoint: Signup to connect and learn from an awesome veteran community at RallyPoint. It’s Free.
In this episode, Jillian answers:
- Are there any law you have to follow to bake out of your home?
- What’s one mistake you made when starting your business?
- What’s one thing you are doing really well right now?
- What’s the best piece of business advice you have received?
- How do you’re desserts improve mental and physical performance?
- What ingredients should we avoid when baking?
- What are the benefits of chai seeds and coconut oil?
- What are you gonna do today to improve as a person or business?
- How do you plan to grow Oh Sweets Heavens?
- What role does your family play in helping you with your business?
- Do you set specific work hours?
Key Topics discussed:
- The Dangers of Biting Off More Than You Can Chew
- 3 Key Factors to Enhance Your Mental Performance
- The Important Decision to Rebrand Your Business
- Powerful Benefits of The Paleo Diet
People think focus means saying yes to the thing you’ve got to focus on. But that’s not what it means at all. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are. You have to pick carefully. I’m actually as proud of the things we haven’t done as the things I have done. Innovation is saying no to 1,000 things. ~ Steve Jobs
- TaxBot App: For recording purchases and making tax time easy and smooth.
- ShoeBoxed: Sign up for Shoeboxed Premium and we’ll both receive 10% off our subscription for a year!
Well-behaved women never make history. ~ Maria Shriver
Everything is Figureouttable. ~ Mario Forleo
- Launch by Jeff Walker: Simply common sense to launch a product or business.